Sansevieria trifasciata Golden Hahnii, Snake Plant - Succulent Plant
|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 300 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 30 - Rs 150) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 300
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Sansevieria trifasciata Golden Hahnii, Snake Plant
It is an evergreen herbaceous perennial plant forming dense stands, spreading by way of its creeping rhizome, which is sometimes above ground, sometimes underground. Its stiff leaves grow vertically from a basal rosette.
It is tough, durable and highly tolerant of low light and poor soil conditions. The tall, narrow, sturdy leaves are stiff and pointed. Colors include dark green, pale green, green edged with yellow, and variegated light green and yellow. Some species send up delicate flower spikes.
The Sansevieria is the perfect addition to any indoor garden setting. With over sixty different varieties to choose from, everyone is sure to find the perfect match for their taste.
It is an evergreen herbaceous perennial plant forming dense stands, spreading by way of its creeping rhizome, which is sometimes above ground, sometimes underground. Its stiff leaves grow vertically from a basal rosette. Mature leaves are dark green with light gray-green cross-banding and usually, range between 70 to 90 cm (27 to 36 in) long and 5 to 6 cm (2 to 2.5 in) wide.
Planting and care
Snake plants produce rhizomes and are easily divided. Although this can be done any time, spring is best. Your newly propagated plants will also grow faster as summer is growing season.
You can also propagate snake plants through leaf cuttings. Just cut 2 to 3-inch pieces of a leaf and place them about 1 inch deep in soil appropriate for snake plants. Make sure to plant cuttings facing up, the same direction they were growing.
Caring for Sansevieria trifasciata Golden Hahnii
- Let the soil dry between waterings. During winter, reduce watering to monthly, or whenever the soil is dry to the touch.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10am.
- You should remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and throw in the garbage collector.
- You should prune and fertilize a plant mostly in the spring season.
- When a plant grows beyond its limit and pot size not providing enough space for the spread of roots, re-pot with fresh soil and some fertilizer.
- While re-potting, try not to disturb the roots. Avoid any drastic change in the provided environment otherwise, the plants may get stress/shock.
Typical uses of Sansevieria trifasciata Golden Hahnii
Special features: The plant convert CO2 to oxygen at night also.
Ornamental use: They are excellent in a grouping and will grow equally well on the floor or on table-top displays.
Medicinal use: The Snake Plant, or Mother-in-Law s Tongue, is one of the most recommended plants for improving air quality. The optimal place to keep this relatively inexpensive and low-maintenance plant is the bedroom, because it converts CO2 into oxygen at night.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Super happy with this. The packaging was great and the plant itself is exactly what I wanted.
A perfect house plant.
Have never ordered plants on line before but want to tell you how absolutely thrilled I am with the plants.
Good growth and 90% germination
Got all healthy plants..thanks