(Inclusive of all taxes)Free Shipping
* Free Shipping on orders above 399
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Ficus Elastica, Rubber Plant, Indian Rubber Bush
These tropical plants generally have thick stems and fleshy, variegated leaves. Gardeners value this small, compact plant for its thick, waxy foliage, ornamental flowers and ease of care.
It has broad shiny oval leaves. Leaf size is largest on young plants. The leaves develop inside a reddish sheath at the tip of branches, which looks very attractive. The tree can yield a milky white latex, which has been used to make rubber.
Planting and care
Cut below the thinner parts, just above the thick part of the branches. Cut right above leaf nodes. Try to prune the over all size of the plant. Everywhere you prune, new branches will spring up. Think of it as giving your Rubber Tree a haircut. Always keep one set of leaves, at least, so it can continue to make food for itself and regrow.
Caring for Ficus Elastica
- Extremely dry soil causes baby rubber plant to drop its leaves, while consistently wet soil may cause root or stem rot.
- Water only when the soil becomes dry, usually about once every 10 to 14 days for indoor plants and once every week for outdoor plants.
- As a general rule, baby rubber plant prefers to remain slightly pot-bound when grown indoors.
- The plant requires re-potting only once every three or four years.
Typical uses of Ficus Elastica
Special features: Foliage
Culinary use: NA
Ornamental use: Used as an ornamental plant.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Plant was received in very good condition. Cost little more but a good buy
Exactly what I wanted and couldn t locate in any of our local shops! Thanks
I m really impressed with this plant properties.
Got the plant in excellent shape. Looks great!
Brilliant stuff, highly recommended.