** for new paypal users only
|Special Gift Today|
|upto 100% Cashback on all orders Today|
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Alocasia, Elephant Ear (Hybrid)
Interesting Fact: Elephant ear plants (Alocasia spp.) received their common name because their leaves look like green renditions of elephants ears.
The plants can be kept indoors as house plants or grown outdoors.
The Elephant Ear plant is a Herbaceous Perennial, meaning that they grow from non-woody stems and will re-bloom each year.
Planting and care
Best in part shade or filtered sun in moist, organically rich soils. Plant in locations protected from strong winds after last frost date. Rhizomes/tuberous roots may be started indoors in pots or containers.
Caring for Alocasia
- Water a plant when the soil feels dry to touch. Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10am.
- You should remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and throw in the garbage collector.
- You should prune and fertilize a plant mostly in the spring season.
- When a plant grows beyond its limit and pot size not providing enough space for the spread of roots, re-pot with fresh soil and some fertilizer.
- While re-potting, try not to disturb the roots. Avoid any drastic change in the provided environment otherwise, the plants may get stress/shock.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Typical uses of Alocasia
Special features: Leaves shape and color
Ornamental use: These are tropical plants of the Arum family that are treasured for their decorative leaves.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Is this plant low maintenance.
Very disappointing!! Received a very small plant with tips of all the leaves drying out. The leaves were unbelievably tiny, the size of ladies' finger ! Please save your money here, it's not worth it!
I really like ur live plants and wish to order more in future
Online Plants sell the Super Model of plants!
Very good. Worth the price
Any query about alocasia, elephant ear (hybrid) - plant