Petunia (Half Pink Half White) - Plant
Description for Petunia (Half Pink Half White)
The popular flower of the same name derived its epithet from the French, which took the word petun, meaning "tobacco," from a Tupiâ€“Guarani language.
An annual, most of the varieties seen in gardens are hybrids.Petunias are one of the most popular bedding flowers.
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|-||The plant carry red,pink,yellow,purple and white||Spring, Summer, Fall||4 inch||Easy yo grow|
Planting and care
Petunias do best in full sun, but can handle partial shade, especially in hotter areas.
|Most varieties prefer full sun||They need well-draining, slightly moist soil.||Water them regularly||The warm area and let them grow on in cooler temperatures||Fertilize your plants monthly to ensure good growth. Double-flowered cultivars like a biweekly dose of fertilizer.|
Caring for Petunia
- Petunias grow best in full sun, although they ll tolerate dappled shade, especially in hot conditions.
- They need well-draining, slightly moist soil. In soggy soils, they become leggy. Regular deadheading also improves their appearance.
- An early and midsummer application of high-phosphorus fertilizer improves both blooms and vigor.
- Grandiflora petunias have very large flowers and are best grown in containers or hanging baskets (because they are more susceptible to rain damage)
- Multiflora petunias have smaller, but more abundant flowers and are ideal for summer bedding or in a mixed border (because they are more tolerant to wet weather).
- Petunias are tolerant of heat so you donâ€™t have to water them regularly.
- A thorough watering once a week should be sufficient (unless there are prolonged periods of drought in your area).
- The spreading types and those in containers require more frequent watering though.
- Fertilize your plants monthly to ensure good growth. Double-flowered cultivars like a biweekly dose of fertilizer.
- Remove faded/dead flowers to prolong blooming.
Typical uses of Petunia
Special features: Attracts Birds, Fragrance, Good for Containers, Low Maintenance
Ornamental use: Its generally kep indoorand in terrac area