With this purchase you will get:
Description for Philodendron melanochrysum, Black Gold Philodendron
Melanochrysum is a large velvet leaf variety of philodendron whose leaves start out pink with light green veins and slowly matures into a deep dark green with a velvety texture. This plant does require a totem or some sort of pole to climb otherwise it will tend to meander and droop.
Planting and care
Plant the bulbs in autumn. Use the potting media as the soil, vermicompost, and coco peat. After planting, watering should be done. Keep the plant in partial sunlight for better growth.
Caring for Philodendron melanochrysum
- Keep the plant in the partial shade area.
- Watering should be done early in the morning if the soil is dry.
- Don't use the cold and chlorinated water.
- Apply fertilizer in monsoon and spring season.
- Re-potting is done in the spring season.
- Remove the dried plant part and leaves.
Typical uses of Philodendron melanochrysum
Special features: Popular indoor plant of easy culture. Train on a trellis or a moisture-retaining column, or trail down from a container or hanging basket.
Ornamental use: The plant is used for the ornamental purpose.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments