Pichodia grandis, Ruffled fan palm, Palas payung, Licuala grandis - Plant
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Pichodia grandis, Ruffled fan palm, Palas payung, Licuala grandis
Interesting Fact: Well known for its large, circular, simple, undivided and closely pleated leaves, giving it its name as Fan palm.
The tree has broad, thin leaves, smooth bark and bears clusters of green sweet-smelling flowers that mature into sticky barbed seeds. Dispersal occurs when seeds stick to bird feathers. Vegetative reproduction frequently results when fallen branches sprout or basal shoots develop into new trees.
Planting and care
Grandis Palm is propagated by seeds, by separating the offsets or suckers at the base of a mature plant, or by plant division.
Caring for Pichodia grandis
- Water a plant when the soil feels dry to touch. Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10am.
- You should remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and throw in the garbage collector.
- You should fertilize a plant mostly in the spring season.
- When a plant grows beyond its limit and pot size not providing enough space for the spread of roots, re-pot with fresh soil and some fertilizer.
- While re-potting, try not to disturb the roots. Avoid any drastic change in the provided environment otherwise, the plants may get stress/shock.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Typical uses of Pichodia grandis
Special features: Attractive leaf shape
Culinary use: NA
Ornamental use: The plant is used for an ornamental purpose.
Medicinal use: NA
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Such a great variety of options!
I have it on my table with a Lucky Bamboo and looks great!
Absolutely no complaints! Beautiful plant, great packaging, prompt delivery.
Brilliant stuff, highly recommended.
Thank you for nice plants deleviry ... now i can trust online shopping of plants?
Any query about pichodia grandis, ruffled fan palm, palas payung, licuala grandis - plant