|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 300 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 30 - Rs 150) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 300
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Latania lontaroides
Latania lontaroides or red latan palm Grows on cliffs and in coastal ravines,
in the Mascarene archipelago but is now found only on the island of La RÃ©union, where it occurs on the coast between Petite Ile and Saint-Philippe where its habitat is also shrinking, the species was once common.
The red palm latan can reach 12 m height but grows quite slowly. The mature trunk is gray, smooth and slightly swollen at the base. It measures up to 25 cm in diameter and exhibits rings which are the scars of fallen leaves.
The leaves are fan shaped, red with red petiole the first years, later green. The edges of the leaf and the main leaf veins are finely toothed. The leaves are stiff and worn by a petiole of 1-1.5 m long. They form a crown of 5-6 m in diameter. Editing by edric.
Planting and care
Caring for Latania lontaroides
- Palms grow best when you let their roots fill the pot.
- They need soil-based potting compost and should not be repotted unnecessarily.
- They are sensitive to chemicals and will be damaged if you expose them to aerosol sprays.
- If you need to treat them with insecticides, be sure what you use is suitable for a palm.
Typical uses of Latania lontaroides
Special features: Palms tend to lend themselves to creating shadows and reflections. You can stand a palm in an alcove that is lined with a mirror and create stunning effects. If you put one on each side of a fireplace, its even doubly stunning. The shadows cast by the palms fronds can pattern a plain wall. Spotlights can create good strong light for bold shadows. These are quite dramatic. Dont position spotlights too closely because this generates too much heat for the palm to withstand. Finally, lighting the plant from below can cast shadows onto opposite walls and even the ceiling.
Ornamental use: NA
- http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/palms/growing-palms-indoors.htm http://houseplants.about.com/od/pickingahouseplan1/a/PalmBasics.htm
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Amazed us with safe and sound delivery
Got the plant in excellent shape. Looks great!
Easy plant to grow quickly and provide the rooms with a colourful leaf display
Very nice plants...looking so beautiful..thanku nurserylive?
Versatile plant that can be kept in sunny or semi-shade environments