Kaju - Plant
Description for Kaju
The cashew tree is a tropical evergreen tree that produces the cashew seed and the cashew apple. It can grow as high as 14 m, but the dwarf cashew, growing up to 6 metres, has proved more profitable, with earlier maturity and higher yields.
Cashews, as you know them, are nuts. But the cashew nut is not the only fruit of the cashew trees. Or rather, the cashew nut is only a part of the cashew fruit.
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Kaju,Cashew,Anacardium occidentale,Maranon, Noix dâ€™anacarde, Caju, Mundiri, Kazu, Pajuil, anacardio, Paringi mavu, æ§šå¦‚æ ‘||Pink flowers||February to June||1.5 to 2 feet||Moderate|
Planting and care
Fresh seeds germinate readily, so if you know of a cashew tree in your area, or have another way of getting hold of fresh seeds (that s the whole thing, shell and all, not just the nut!), you can grow cashew trees from seed. But be aware that cashew seeds don t grow true to type, meaning, the plant you get is not identical to the parent. (It may not fruit as much or taste as nice.)
|Full Sun||Well-drained soil||Medium||20 to 30 degrees C||Organic|
Caring for Kaju
- Cashews grow best in sandy soils, but sandy soils don t hold much water and are generally not very fertile.
- The trees will still do fine without additional attention.
- However, if a good crop is important to you (read: if you want to grow them commercially) then you need to supply your cashew trees with additional water and fertilizer.
- Irrigate during dry periods, and fertilize the trees when they actively grow, as well as during flowering and nut development.
- (They will mainly need nitrogen and phosphorus, and possibly zinc.)
Typical uses of Kaju
Special features: One of the most delicious and healthiest nuts cashews are an amazing source of nutrients.
Culinary use: Fruit
Want to write review ?Click here to Login
What garden lovers say ... ?
Does the plant need regular trimming?
This plants collection is awesome!!! I would recommend it to everyone.
Awesome.... Really I feel its now safe to buy plants online. Perfect packing....Great idea.