Bush Allamanda (Yellow) - Plant
Description for Bush Allamanda (Yellow)
As shrub Allamanda grows very thick and get covered with yellow bell shaped 3 to 4 inches long blooms in growing season .
Although it doesn t have tendrils to climb but provided support can grow as vine too.
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Also Known as Allamanda cathartica, Golden Trumpet Bush, Buttercup Flower, Golden Bell. Bengali - Harkakra, Kannada - Arasinhu, Malayalam - Kolaambi, Telugu - Allenandatheega, Marathi - Pivlee Ghunti, Hindi - Pilaghanti.||Yellow.||Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter||4-6 ft.||Easy.|
Planting and care
Allamanda is a bushy nature plant, large sized container is preferable as the plant gets heavy with the time. You may need to repot it every year. Regardless of size , make sure container has drainage holes at bottom to ensure smooth drainage of water. Put stone or brick pieces on the holes.
|Full sun to Partial shade.||Soil pH 7.6 to 7.8 (mildly alkaline).||Requires consistently moist soil. Do not let dry out between waterings.||These tender plants will not withstand temperatures below 25 degrees F.||Feed the plant with liquid fertilizer in growing season and cut it down to once a month in winter.|
Caring for Bush Allamanda
- Allamanda is a bushy nature plant, large sized container is preferable as the plant gets heavy with the time.
- You may need to repot it every year. Regardless of size , make sure container has drainage holes at bottom to ensure smooth drainage of water.
- Put stone or brick pieces on the holes.
- Allamanda grows very rapidly and needs pruning due to its bushy nature.
- Also pruning increases air circulation in plant required for good growth.
Typical uses of Bush Allamanda
Want to write review ?Click here to Login
What garden lovers say ... ?
Thank you very much. Love your company and site.
Very nice plant. Got delivered with very good condition. Gonna order one more
Some leaves are green and some leaves are greenish yellow but anyway it looks great!