Acalypha Marble - Plant
Description for Acalypha Marble
This spreading shrub is native to South Pacific islands. Typically grown as an annual or house plant.
It is grown for its multi-coloured, toothed, oval leaves. Use it as a house plant or as an annual or container plant outdoors where it is not hardy. Flowers are small, green or pinkish.
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Acalypha Marble||-||-||6-10 feet.||Easy.|
Planting and care
The most important thing in growing copper leaf plants is the location. The best place to grow the plant is in full sun, although it can survive in half sun or partially shaded areas.
Direct sunlight, however, makes the leaves more brightly coloured. This is why itâ€™s advisable to place it near windows or areas with plenty of sunlight if growing indoors, with temperatures above 55 F. (13 C.), to ensure their foliage gets a healthy blend of colours.
|Bright-light not necessarily direct sunlight.||A well-drained potting mix.||Acalypha like a regular supply of water, even during the winter months.||Above 55 F. (13 C.) Warm temperatures more than 60˚F.||Acalypha appreciate regular doses of fertilizer throughout the growing season. Liquid is best, but they will also thrive with a controlled-release fertilizer. Reduce fertilization in winters or stop.|
Caring for Acalypha Marble
- They do best with a high humidity level, so if your house is dry, you will want to regularly mist your plant or keep it in a tray of pebbles.
- Pruning is also a good part of copper leaf plant care, as it helps control the shrubs size and shape while removing diseased or damaged branches.
- Ensure the pot is twice the size of the plants root ball.
- Mixing the soil with a slow-release fertilizer supplies the nutrients the Acalypha copper plant needs to grow well.
- Put the pot or container in a sunny or partially shaded location if growing it outdoors, or near a window with bright light inside.
- Adding fertilizer every three months helps the soil retain its nutrients.
Typical uses of Acalypha Marble
Want to write review ?Click here to Login
What garden lovers say ... ?
Very nice plant ...n very neatly packed
Thank you for nice plants deleviry ... now i can trust online shopping of plants?
Plant was received in very good condition. Cost little more but a good buy