** for new paypal users only
|Special Gift Today|
|upto 100% Cashback on all orders Today|
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Teakwood, Sagwan
Teak wood known as king of timber belongs to the family Verbenaceae. Its scientific name is Tectona grandis. It grows as a huge tree and yields excellent quality wood. Therefore teak wood has higher demand in national as well as International markets. Articles made of teak wood have high durability/quality and hence with the increased consumption of teak in household and office interiors, teak has become an indispensable part of people lives all over the world. Normally superior teak plants are grown on commercial scale, it is possible to earn good profits with low risk.
Planting and care
Caring for Teakwood
- Teak prefers moist, warm tropical climate.
- It can withstand extremes of temperature, but maximum & minimum shade temperatures of 39 to 44 C and 13 to 17 C respectively are the most favourable for its growth.
- It grows well in rainfall zone of 1200-2500 mm.Teak has been classified as a pioneer species.
- Hence, it requires a high light intensity for its growth and development.
- Apart from rainfall and moisture, soil and light intensity, other factors such as temperature and elevation also play important roles in limiting the distribution and growth pattern of the species.
When it comes to harvesting in Teak wood farming, there certain things to follow for approval of teak harvesting:
Typical uses of Teakwood
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Excellent service and good product. Well packed and well delivered. Though few leaves were fallen but plant was almost ok.
I am satisfied with the plants.
Thank you very much. Love your company and site.
I really impressed with live plant I purchased online from nurserylive, the packaging was superb.. Thanks
Easy plant to grow quickly and provide the rooms with a colourful leaf display
Any query about teakwood, sagwan - plant