Peppers demand warm weather and don’t like their roots disturbed. Plant seeds in a sunny warm location in peat pots (3 seeds to a pot, thinning to 1 plant per pot) 6 to 8 weeks before transplanting into the garden after all danger of frost is past and night temperatures are consistently at or above 55 degrees F.
Common name: Thai green eggplant
Bloom time: Flowers not showy
Height: 1.00 to 2.50 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Plants prefer a near-neutral pH range of 5.5–7.0. A pH of 6.5 is just about right for most home gardens (slightly acidic to neutral).An accurate soil test will tell you where your pH currently stands. Acidic (sour) soil is counteracted by applying finely ground limestone, and alkaline (sweet) soil is treated with ground sulfur.
Sunlight: Full sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 55 degrees F
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Plants do not thrive in Zones 9 to 10 without a period of refrigeration; they need a cold, dormant period.
- Select a site with soil that drains well.
- How can you tell? After a good rain, find a spot that is the first to dry out.
- Water trapped beneath the scales may rot the bulb, so a well-drained site is essential.
- Diligently water your plants.
- Soak the entire root zone at least twice a week in dry summer weather.
- Avoid frequent shallow sprinklings, which won’t reach the deeper roots and may encourage fungus.
- Plants do best with 90 inches of rain per year, so unless you live in a rain forest, water regularly.
All peppers can be highly ornamental with deep green leaves and fruit of a wide variety of shapes, sizes and colors. Colors may include green, red, yellow, chocolate, orange, lilac, purple, ivory and mahogany. As fruits gradually ripen, several colors can be found on a plant simultaneously.
- Medicinal plant Solanum Xanthocarpum.
- The plant Solanum Xanthocarpum also known as Wild eggplant or Kantakari is a perennial, thick, bright green and branched shrub.
- It grows throughout India in dry places.
- The plant is being used medicinally in various ways in India since 3000 years.
for medicinal use
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Extremely happy with the nurserylive service and the seed. Profusely flowering waiting for brinjal to grow. Very good germination of seeds.