|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 300 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 30 - Rs 150) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 300
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
Sapindus saponaria, commonly called wingleaf soapberry or winged soapberry, is a small to medium-sized evergreen tree with an open-rounded crown. It is native to Florida and Georgia plus a large number of subtropical to tropical areas including parts of the Caribbean, Central America, South America and Hawaii.
Common name: Sapindus saponaria
Color: Creamy-white to yellow-white
Bloom time: May to June
Height: 20.00 to 40.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
That being said, I wish we had more room to plant our soapnut tree. Sapindus Mukorossi requires a fertile soil and a frost free climate. It’s a tall tree that can take as long as ten years to begin fruiting. A friend of mine has one growing in Altadena.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Sapindus Mukorossi needs lots of water.
- Craig has pointed out the perfect permacultural pairing for our dry climate–use the greywater from your washing machine to water your soap nut tree.
Harvesting: The Sapindus The saponaria leaves were harvested and shade dried for 20 days.
- One day I found a soap nut seed amidst the husks.
- These are supposed to be removed from the husks, but this one made it through.
- My immediate thought was I must grow my own soap nut tree, and so I began to search for information about how to grow them.
- I could not find much information available, and what is available is geared towards commercial farmers in Asia.
Lawn specimen, small shade tree, street tree or patio tree. Screen.
- Fruits possess several medicinal properties and are widely used for example in the treatment of asthma, colic and dysentery, and during childbirth.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Nicely packed. Have tried some of the seeds and they germinated quite well - would recommend to all