|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 300 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 30 - Rs 150) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 300
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
Description for Wild Asparagus, Shatavari
Asparagus, or garden asparagus, scientific name Asparagus officinalis, is a spring vegetable, a flowering perennial plant species in the genus Asparagus.
Planting and care
Start prepping your soil one year before transplanting wild asparagus. Asparagus performs best when planted in an area with loose, well-drained, fertile, sandy loam or loamy soil with a pH level between 6.0 and 6.7; the area should receive eight hours of sunlight daily. Present a soil sample to your countyâ€™s agricultural extension office and request a full analysis
Caring for Wild Asparagus
- Till the soil for the asparagus bed to a depth of 1 foot using a mechanized tiller.
- Add 2 inches of organic compost over the tilled soil and work it again to a depth of 1 foot with the tiller.
- If necessary, distribute the recommended amount of lime evenly over the tilled soil and work it again to a depth of 4 or 5 inches with the tiller.
- rrigate the soil until moist to a depth of 8 inches.
- Check the depth of moistness by pressing a 10- to 12-inch-long wood skewer in the soil and measuring how far up the skewer the water reached.
Generally speaking, a plant puts up a set of skinny spears first, then fat ones, then finishes with skinny ones
Typical uses of Wild Asparagus
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments