|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 300 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 30 - Rs 150) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 300
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
Note:: This seeds will be available in 3 weeks time.
Note: We do not provide germination guarantee in forestry, ornamental seeds & medicinal seeds. Proper germination instruction and plant care conditions must be followed by customer for expected results.
Tea (Camellia sinensis) is a broadleaf evergreen shrub from China. The young green leaves of the shrub can be used to make tea. Camellia sinensis has white flowers with yellow stamens that bloom in late fall. Outdoors the shrub can grow up to 15 feet tall, but grown indoors in a container it usually reaches only about 6 feet in height.
Common name: tea plant, tea shrub, and tea tree
Height: Up to 17 m
Difficulty level: Easy
Planting & Care
Sunlight: Set the tea plant in a spot with bright, indirect light
Soil: Plant seedlings four feet apart in a sunny to partially shaded spot in sandy soil with a pH of 5 to 6.
Water: Allow the top 2 to 4 inches of soil to dry between watering. Do not allow the soil to dry out completely. Water until the water runs out the drainage holes. Let the soil drain and do not let the pot sit in water.
Temprature: Around 70 degrees Fahrenheit.
Fertilizer: Fertilize the shrub during the active growing season, usually from spring through the fall. Apply an acidic plant fertilizer every three weeks. Dilute the fertilizer to half the strength of the manufacturer s suggested rates.
- Growing Tea Plants Indoors You can keep tea plants in pots and bring them indoors to overwinter in areas that experience a hard frost.
- Be sure to give them sandy soil and top with a layer of mulch or moss to retain moisture.
- Your camellia will need a cool indoor winter location that has good light.
- If you can t provide six hours of light a day, try a spot away from heat and invest in a grow light for your plant.
- Plants go dormant in winter and stop producing foliage.
- In spring, gradually adapt your plant to living outside by leaving it outdoors for longer and longer periods.
- If you want to keep your plant indoors year round, you will have to give it good light and lots of humidity.
- Although this can be a tall order, there are success stories out there about tea camellias growing happily indoors in someone s sunny window for years.
- Prune the camellia sinensis yearly after the bloom period.
- Remove any dead or damaged stems with pruning shears.
- Cut the stem back to the base of the shrub.
- To prune for size or shape, cut individual branches to just outside a bud or leaf node.
- Re-pot ever two to four years, or as needed as the shrub grows.
- If the roots outgrow the container, move up to a slightly larger container or trim the roots to fit the pot.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Over 90% germination. Good Quality