Butea monosperma is a species of Butea native to tropical and sub-tropical parts of the Indian Subcontinent and Southeast Asia, ranging across India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Thailand.
Common name: Butea monosperma
Bloom time: January to March
Height: 30.00 to 40.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
After a good rain, find a spot that is the first to dry out. Water trapped beneath the scales may rot the bulb, so a well-drained site is essential. Also, select a site that gets full sun. For dependable blooms, lilies need six to eight hours of direct sunlight a day.
Sunlight: Full sun to part shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 30° C
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- The mulch should feel moist but not wet.
- Apply a high-potassium liquid fertilizer every 2 weeks from early spring until 6 weeks after flowering.
- Keep moist in winter.
- Apply a thin layer of compost each spring, followed by a 2-inch layer of mulch.
- Stake tall lilies.
- Lilies do not rebloom, but you can remove the faded flowers so that the plants seeds.
Best planted as a specimen in a mixed grove of trees that will hide its awkward habit but give its flowers full visibility.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
- Its generally kep indoor in living room and in terrac area.
No serious insect or disease problems.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Very Good Quality Seeds
Any query about butea monosperma, palash - 0.5 kg seeds