|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 300 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 30 - Rs 150) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 300
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Thorli Gunj
Leaves are compound bipinnate, green when young, turning yellow when old. The small, yellowish flower grows in dense drooping rat-tail flower heads, almost like cat-tail flower-heads.
Fruits are curved, hanging, green pods that turn brown, coil up and split open as they ripen to reveal small bright red seeds. Plant grow in average, medium moisture, well-drained soil in part shade to full shade.
Planting and care
The vining varieties require a support structure as some can get 15 feet tall. All plants prefer sun to light shade sites with well-draining and moderately fertile soil. Install the plant in the ground at the same level it was growing in the nursery pot. Most plants are grafted onto the common rootstock because of its superior hardiness.
Caring for Thorli Gunj
- Deadhead religiously and keep beds clean. Every leaf has a growth bud, so removing old flower blossoms encourages the plant to make more flowers instead of using the energy to make seeds.
- Clean away from around the base of the rose bushes any trimmed debris that can harbor disease and insects.
- Prefers moist, humusy soils in part shade. Avoid poorly-drained, wet soils, particularly in winter. Slow and difficult to grow from seed.
Typical uses of Thorli Gunj
Special features: Best grown in shady areas in a native plant or wildflower garden, woodland garden, rock garden or naturalized area.
Culinary use: The young leaves can be cooked and eaten. the wood is extremely hard and used in boat-building and making furniture.
Ornamental use: The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
Medicinal use: Ancient Indian medicine, the ground seeds are used to treat boils and inflammations. A decoction of the leaves is used to treat gout and rheumatism.
Please consult with your health expert.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Pot seems to be really small. DO I have to shift the plan to the bigger pot as it starts growing in a few months?
Couldn t find it anywhere else.