|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 300 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 30 - Rs 150) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 300
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Solanum xanthocarpum
Winter hardy to USDA Zone 9-10. In St. Louis it is grown as an annual. In the ground, plants do best in rich, humusy, well-drained loams in full sun with regular moisture. Purchase plants from nurseries in spring or start seeds indoors about 6-8 weeks before last spring frost.
Planting and care
It is a regarded as a weed, commonly growing in barnyards, pastures and beside roads. Opening the seed pods and planting the seeds is similar for all species.
Depending on the species, Datura can be grown as an annual in U.S. Department of Agriculture plant hardiness zones 5 through 7 and as a perennial in zones 8 through 10.
Caring for Solanum xanthocarpum
- Watch for the datura seed pods to turn brown on the plant. They will open, revealing ripe seeds.
- Although the description of the pods varies slightly among the species, they all have spikes or thorns and turn from green to brown as they mature. Collect the seeds.
- Scrape or nick the seeds with a knife. This is called scarification. It helps germination by penetrating the protective outer layer of seeds.
Typical uses of Solanum xanthocarpum
Special features: Borders, containers. Specimen or group. Place containers near patios so flower fragrance may be enjoyed.
Ornamental use: The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
Medicinal use: It is used in the treatment of skin diseases, fever etc. It is used for external application and rarely for oral administration.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments