(Inclusive of all taxes)* Shipping 79
* Free Shipping on orders above 399
|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 799
|Rs 350 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 20 - Rs 200) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 499
|All India Delivery|
|10 Lakh Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Piper Betel, Maghai Paan
Betel leaf plant (piper betel) is a creeper grown in India; it belongs to the pepper family. Its waxy green, heart-shaped leaves are used for medicinal and culinary purposes. When crushed, it exudes cool peppery scent.
It is used in making a famous dessert called Paan which is chewed with betel nut as a mouth freshener. This mildly stimulant herb is popular in whole South Asia (Indian subcontinent), Thailand, Indonesia, and Vietnam.
Planting and care
Caring for Piper Betel
- Place your plant in a place that receives at least 5 to 6 hours of sunlight daily.
- It thrives well in a hot and humid environment in partial shade.
- The betel plant needs regular watering. Water only when the soil feels dry to touch.
- Loosen the soil without damaging the roots. It will help the plant to uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- Prune regularly after it reaches 2 m height to control the plant, regular pruning, and plucking of leaves encourages new growth and sweet and tender leaves.
- Occasional feeding every couple of months in the growing season of the plant with a nitrogen-rich organic fertilizer like manure or compost is recommended.
Within 4 to 6 months after planting, it will be ready for harvest. You can pick up its fresh aromatic leaves for various uses.
Typical uses of Piper Betel
Culinary use: Betel leaves are used as a stimulant, edible purpose, pooja, medicinal, etc.
Ornamental use: The plant is used to decorate the balcony, terrace or any outdoor space.
Medicinal use: The betel (Piper betel) is the leaf of a vine belonging to the Piperaceae family, which includes pepper and kava. It is valued both as a mild stimulant and for its medicinal properties. The betel plant is an evergreen perennial, with glossy heart-shaped leaves and white catkin.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Low maintenance perennial indoor potted plant
Gift for my father and he loved it
Really very good product i have purchase one plant pack .
Plant is in good health.. I m really happy with this little one.
I am satisfied with the plants.