** for new paypal users only
|Special Gift Today|
|upto 100% Cashback on all orders Today|
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Oxalis corniculata
Oxalis corniculata, the creeping woodsorrel, also called procumbent yellow-sorrel or sleeping beauty, resembles the common yellow woodsorrel, Oxalis stricta.
Planting and care
Select a sunny or partially shady outdoor planting site. Mix a 3- to 6-inch layer of organic matter such as compost, well-aged cow manure and sphagnum peat moss into the planting site.
Mix it in thoroughly to a depth of 10 to 12 inches with a rototiller or shovel.
Plant wood sorrel bulbs or rhizomes in the prepared soil in fall. Dig planting holes Â½ to 1 inch deep and 4 to 6 inches wide with a hand trowel. Space holes for multiple plantings 6 inches apart.
Caring for Oxalis corniculata
- Place three or four wood sorrel bulbs or rhizomes into each hole.
- Push loose, prepared soil over the bulbs or rhizomes until the top of the soil is level with the surrounding garden soil.
- Water the placed you planted bulbs or rhizomes to settle the soil.
- Water the planting site when its soil begins to dry. After the plants grow and have healthy stems and leaves, give them an application of 20-10-20 or 15-15-15 fertilizer once per week.
- Allow the soil to dry, and do not fertilize the wood sorrel plants if they become dormant.
- Some wood sorrel species become dormant and appear dead for as long as three months up to four times per year.
- Resume watering and fertilizing after new stems and leaves appear on the wood sorrel plants.
Typical uses of Oxalis corniculata
Special features: They usually bloom in spring and fall, producing pink, purple, red, white or yellow flowers.
Ornamental use: The plant is used for ornamental purpose
Medicinal use: It is anthelmintic, anti-inflammatory, astringent, depurative, diuretic, emmenagogue, febrifuge, lithontripic, stomachic and styptic.
It is used in the treatment of influenza, fever, urinary tract infections, enteritis, diarrhea, traumatic injuries, sprains and poisonous snake bites.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Perfect product to improve the ambience in your home and give it a fresh look!
IS this, an indoor plant ????
Great plant, great case, great packaging. If you are planning to buy please go ahead.
I have been growing exotic plants for 50 years
Is the item durable?
Any query about oxalis corniculata - plant