|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 300 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 30 - Rs 150) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 300
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Giloy, Gulvel
Gulbel is a native plant from India, also known to be found in Far East, primarily in rainforests. The plant is climbing shrub with heart-shaped leaves. It has stems about 6 cm in diameter, with light grey, papery bark
Planting and care
Malabar spinach is a vining tropical plant that is grown as an annual in cooler climates. It is cultivated for its edible stems and leaves. There are two main varieties: red-stemmed and white-stemmed. This fast-growing leafy vegetable is easily started from seed sown directly in the garden.
Malabar spinach prefers a sunny site with fertile, well-drained soil. Work a generous amount of organic soil conditioner into the soil with a garden fork. Add some slow-release 10-10-10 fertilizer to the site as well.
Caring for Giloy
- Soak the seeds in water the night before planting.
- In spring, sow seeds 1/4 in inch deep and approximately 18 in inch apart.
- Cover with soil and water well.
- Keep the soil moist until the seeds germinate.
- When seeds germinate pour liquid fertilizer over the seedlings, making sure to wet all of the leaves.
- Add a thin layer of straw mulch to hold in the moisture and help prevent weeds.
- Malabar spinach dose not have many pests or diseases.
- If the plant gets too big, simply cut it back.
Typical uses of Giloy
Ornamental use: The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
Unverified information The herb has a long history in use by practitioners of Ayurved. Known by its practitioners to treat convalescence from severe illness, arthritis (or joint diseases), liver disease, eye diseases, urinary problems, anemia, cancer, diarrhea, and diabetes.Also, help remove toxins from the body. The plant is cultivated by stem cutting in the month of May-June and used in Tibetan medicine.
The herb is known to have a sweet, bitter and acid taste. Extracted from the stem and root is a nutrient starch used to treat chronic diarrhea and dysentery. According to a legend, the herb is known locally as giloy or "heavenly elixir": Kept the angels eternally young.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Is it hybrid plz tel me
This plant is one of the easiest to grow and requires no extra attention.
This is easy to grow with low maintenance requirements
How many plants like this needed for a 500 SQFT living hall
Plant came securely packed.Plant is good, no brown leaves. Hope it grows well