** for new paypal users only
|Special Gift Today|
|upto 100% Cashback on all orders Today|
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Eucalyptus, Nilgiri
Some types of Eucalyptus can be grown as houseplants and others do well only in warm climates growing outside. Most eucalyptus must be grown outside in areas where freezing does not occur.
Eucalypti are attractive plants with aromatic leaves often used in herbal preparations and for potpourri and scented wreaths. The trick to growing eucalyptus is to know they prefer cool but above freezing winter periods and moderate warmth in the summer.
Planting and care
Several eucalypt species are among the tallest trees in the world. Eucalyptus regnans, the Australian mountain ash , is the tallest of all flowering plants (angiosperms); today, the tallest measured specimen named Centurion is 99.6 m (327 ft) tall.
Caring for Eucalyptus
- Choose a species hardy enough for your climate. Some varieties are hardier than others but eucalyptus will only become a tree in frost-free climates.
- Choose a species of eucalyptus that will fit into your landscape when mature.
- There are species from 20 to 60 (6 to 18 m) high at maturity and some make a broad tree while others are slender.
- Choose smaller trees for transplanting. Root bound plants do not transplant well.
- Select a full sun, well drained location.
- Dig a hole 3 to 4 (7.6to10.2 cm) wider than the root ball and the same depth.
- Remove the pot or any burlap around the root ball.
- Center the plant in the hole and refill the hole with the soil you took out.
- Water well to settle the soil.
- Add more soil if necessary to bring the level to the top of the root ball.
- Keep eucalyptus well watered the first season after planting.
- Dont water after the first season unless there is a prolonged drought.
- Fertilization is generally not required.
Typical uses of Eucalyptus
Culinary use: Leaves
Ornamental use: The plant is used for ornamental purpose
Medicinal use: Eucalyptus is a tree. The dried leaves and oil are used to make medicine.Always seek advice from a professional before using a plant medicinally
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
perfect gift for your office and home.
Appealing, elegant and easy to grow plant.
Plant is in good health.. I m really happy with this little one.
What a great experience from start to finish.
Can i keep it in my ac room?
Any query about eucalyptus, nilgiri - plant