|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 300 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 30 - Rs 150) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 300
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Chichorium intybus
It is a perennial, with a tap root like the Dandelion. The stems are 2 to 3 feet high, the lateral branches numerous and spreading, given off at a very considerable angle from the central stem, so that the general effect of the plant, though spreading, is not rich and full, as the branches stretch out some distance in each direction and are but sparsely clothed with leaves of any considerable size. The general aspect of the plant is somewhat stiff and angular.
Planting and care
It is more common on gravel or chalk, especially on the downs of the south-east coast, and in places where the soil is of a light and sandy nature, when it is freely to be found on waste land.
Caring for Chichorium intybus
- Arrange the soil. Chicory can live or grow within well drained land where is fertile with nutrients.
- Spread the plant/seeds for 9 inches to 1.5 foot apart with 1.5 inches deep.
- Expect the plant/seeds to sprout and separate seedlings to have them grown up over 8 inches apart.
- Remove the wild weeds from your sprouts and spray water onto them well.
- This phase is the time when seed Chicory starts to shoot or germinate.
- Trim their roots on a straight line, one to three inches above its crown.
- Grow the cut roots to stimulate the crown to be one or three inches on top of the ground.
- Store other upturned pots above the root tops.
- The tender and small leaves are harvested after around 7 weeks.
Typical uses of Chichorium intybus
Special features: Chicory has become a significant weed in some areas.
Culinary use: Many varieties are cultivated for salad leaves, chicons (blanched buds), or for roots, which are baked, ground, and used as a coffee substitute and additive.
Ornamental use: The plant is used for ornamental purpose. Its generally kep indoor in living room and in terrac area.
Medicinal use: Chicory is used for loss of appetite, upset stomach, constipation, liver and gallbladder disorders, cancer, and rapid heartbeat. etc.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments