|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 300 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 30 - Rs 150) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 300
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Bugleweed
Ajuga also known as bugleweed, ground pine, carpet bugle, or just bugle, is a genus of annual and perennial herbaceous flowering plants in the mint family Lamiaceae, with most species
Planting and care
Grow bugleweed in full to partial shade. Choose an area with well-draining, fertile soil and good air circulation. Plant bugleweed along the edges of driveways, sidewalks and other hardscapes or in planters to contain it from spreading into unwanted areas. Space plants one foot apart when planting.
Water more frequently during hot, dry summer periods. Water bugleweed with a hose when the top 1 to 2 inches of soil becomes dry. Water thoroughly and deeply, so the soil is moist but not soggy. Water once every two to three weeks during the remainder of the year.
Fertilize bugleweed only if the plant is growing in poor soil or if its growth is weak. Apply an all-purpose water soluble fertilizer at a rate of 1 tablespoon per 1 gallon of water. Fertilize bugleweed in the morning. Water the plants after fertilizing to wash off any fertilizer on the leaves into the soil.
Caring for Bugleweed
- Once established, ajuga plants requires little care.
- Unless its really dry, ajuga can usually sustain itself with normal rainfall and theres no need to fertilize this plant.
- Of course, if its located in the sun, you may need to water it more often.
- It is self-seeding, so if you dont want any unexpected pop-ups, deadheading would definitely help.
- Removing some of the runners periodically can also help keep this ground cover in line.
Typical uses of Bugleweed
Special features: Primary use is as a ground cover.
Ornamental use: The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
Medicinal use: Bugleweed is used to lower high levels of thyroid hormones (hyperthyroidism). It is also used to treat premenstrual syndrome; breast pain; nervousness; trouble sleeping (insomnia); and bleeding, especially nosebleeds and heavy bleeding during menstruation.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments