|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 300 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 30 - Rs 150) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 300
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Black Turmeric, Kali Haldi
Curcuma caesia, black turmeric or black zedoary is a perennial herb with bluish-black rhizome, native to North-East and Central India.
The rhizome of black turmeric has a high economic importance owing to its putative medicinal properties. In west Bengal, the rhizome of the plant is used in Kali Puja, and hence the plant is called Kali haldi.
The leaves have a deep violet-red patch which runs through the length of the lamina. Turmeric plant takes 8 to 10 months to mature. The flower is so attractive that it is worth growing for this alone.
Planting and care
Curcuma Caesia usually grows in moist deciduous forests. The best season to plant turmeric is spring or summer. It requires warm and humid climate to thrive. keep the turmeric plant in partial sun in the warmer zones.
Caring for Black Turmeric
- Choose a large pot as this herb can easily exceed the height and spread.
- Place it about 2 inches (5 cm) below the soil surface, with the buds facing up.
- Water the pot thoroughly, avoid overwatering.
- The crop is to be mulched immediately after planting with green leaves at the rate of 12-15 tonnes per hectare.
- It may be repeated for a second time after 50 days with the same quantity of green leaves after weeding and application of fertilizers.
- Pruning is not necessary, taking dried leaves off will be sufficient.
The rhizome should be harvested in 9 to 10 months after planting.
Typical uses of Black Turmeric
Special features: Foliage & Rhizome
Culinary use: Used in Chinese recipes
Ornamental use: The plant is used for an ornamental purpose.
Medicinal use: The rhizome of the plant is aromatic, contains essential oil and used for a variety of purposes. The characteristic pungent smell of the rhizome is due to the presence of essential oil rich in camphor and starch.
The rhizome is traditionally used in the treatment of hemorrhoids, leprosy, asthma, cancer, fever, wounds, vomiting, menstrual disorder, anthelmentic, aphrodisiac, gonorrheal discharges and inflammation.
Furthermore, the smooth muscle relaxant, anti-tumour and anti-oxidant properties of Curcuma Caesia rhizome extract had been reported.
Note: Please consult your health expert before consuming.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Air Purifying Indoor Plant.
Came with good package. Nice thick stem and with wet coco peat but nothing came out of the pack. Got a healthy plant
This is one of my favorite plants.
Gift for my father and he loved it
Perfectly shipped with care... Live plant is healthy...