It will spread rapidly once established to create mats that fill a lot of space.
|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 300 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 30 - Rs 150) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 300
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Bearberry
Bearberry is a low-growing ground cover that usually tops out between 6 and 12 inches. The flexible stems sport teardrop-shaped, leathery leaves in dark green. Youâ€™ll find a small amount of white or pale pink waxy flowers between March and June.
Planting and care
If you have a large plot of poor soil and need to landscape it, then bearberry ground cover is your plant. It thrives on soil poor in nutrients and sandy soil that has a hard time supporting other ground covers.
Caring for Bearberry
- Bearberry need about an inch of water each week, with an increase to 1 1/2 inches a week during hot, dry weather. An inch of rain equals 2 gallons per plant, which you may also supply by watering for half an hour with a sprinkler.
- Plant it in full sun or partial shade, in spots where it will have space to spread. While bearberry is slow to grow in the first year, it will spread rapidly once established to create mats that fill a lot of space.
Typical uses of Bearberry
Special features: Moderate to large scale ground cover with year round interest. Helps control soil erosion on slopes and hillsides.
Culinary use: The leaves are picked any time during the summer and dried for use in teas.
The fruit, also called bearberries, are edible and are sometimes gathered as food for humans.
Ornamental use: It will spread rapidly once established to create mats that fill a lot of space.
Medicinal use: The leaves are picked any time during the summer and dried for use in medicinal tea bags and tablets for traditional medicine uses.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments