With this purchase you will get:
Description for Bamboo Greenbrier, Smilax Pseudo
Bamboo greenbrier is a smooth vine with a tuberous rootstock and with the lower part of the stem smooth or sometimes beset with straight, needle-shaped prickles. The leaves, 2 1/2 to 5 1/2 inches long and 1 1/2 to 3 1/2 inches wide, are egg-shaped or sometimes narrowed at the middle, usually rough on the margin, and somewhat leathery when old.
The greenish flowers, 12 to 40 in number, are borne in round clusters on flattened stalks 1 to 3 inches long. These are followed in autumn by one to three seeded black berries up to one-quarter inch in diameter.
Planting and care
Since bamboo likes high ambient moisture levels, daily misting of bamboo house plants are recommended. Place the bamboo where it can get direct natural lighting if possible. Most indoor bamboo cannot retain all their foliage and some leaf drop is to be expected.
Follow fertilizing directions for the size container you have. A good potting soil, mixed with perlite for drainage works great. Just keep a check on the soil and allow it to dry out between watering. Bamboo likes water, but loves drainage.
Do not leave your containers of bamboo outside during the winter months and expect it to live. In cold climate zones you must move the container into a protected warm area during the cold winter months.
Caring for Bamboo Greenbrier
- Remove dust with damp cotton wool.
- Apply water when the soil appears dry. Never allow the soil to become completely dry.
- Every two to five years they will need to be repotted or divided.
- In containers bamboos, especially those that are not well adapted to hot sun, require more care in placement as they can be damaged if the pot overheats.
- During winter, container bamboos are susceptible to freezing and if not protected may die.
- Bamboo in containers is not nearly as hardy as the same bamboo would be in the ground.
Typical uses of Bamboo Greenbrier
Special features: An effective erosion control plant and natural control barrier due to its widespread root system and large canopy.
Ornamental use: This plant is frequently sold in decorative pots as a finished product rather than something to take home and re-pot in a more attractive vessel, which again makes it a good choice if you don t want to put much effort into plant care.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Any query about bamboo greenbrier, smilax pseudo - plant