With this purchase you will get:
Description for Annona atemoya, Lakshmana phal ( Grown through seeds )
Annona muricata is a species of the genus Annona of the custard apple tree family, Annonaceae, which has edible fruit. The fruit is usually called soursop due to its slightly acidic taste when ripe. It grows up to 25 to 30 ft. Young branchlets are rusty-hairy. The leaves, normally evergreen.
The flowers, borne singly, may emerge anywhere on the trunk, branches or twigs. The fruit is more or less oval or heart-shaped, sometimes irregular, lopsided or curved. he skin is dark-green in the immature fruit, becoming slightly yellowish-green before the mature fruit is soft to the touch.
Planting and care
It is adapted to warm, humid tropical climate, and can tolerate both drought conditions and partial shade.
Caring for Annona atemoya
- There must be adequate moisture in the soil to encourage vegetative growth and blooms that occur on the new branches.
- The tree should be watered in every 2 â€“ 4 weeks during the period of low growth and every 3 to 5 days while it is flowering and setting fruits.
- Lakshmana phal is normally fairly low maintenance and quite easy to grow, as long as a level of basic care is provided throughout the year.
- Fertilize every quarter of the year with a 10-10-10 NPK at a one-half pound per year for the first year, 1 pound the second, and 3 pounds for every year thereafter.
- Very little pruning is required once the initial shaping is attained. You should only need to prune out dead or diseased limbs, which should be done once harvest is over.
May to June
Typical uses of Annona atemoya
Special features: Soursop can be eaten fresh or used in ice cream, mousse, jellies, soufflÃ©s, sorbet, cakes and candy. Filipinos use the young fruit as a vegetable while in the Caribbean, the pulp is strained and the milk mixed with sugar to drink or mix with wine or brandy.
Culinary use: The ripe fruits are edible. The sweetish fruit varies considerably in quality; some are eaten raw but most often they are used in preserves, drinks, ice cream, puddings etc.
Ornamental use: The plant is used for an ornamental purpose.
Medicinal use: Used in ethnomedicinal activities. It shows anticancer, anticonvulsant, anti-arthritic, antiparasitic, antimalarial, hepatoprotective and antidiabetic properties.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Im very happy received this plant big size healthy plant
Do we have to replant it when this will be get delivered to us at home?
Very nice plant. Got delivered with very good condition. Gonna order one more
Grown in coco-peat and hence requires less water while being relatively insect free.
I have it on my table with a Lucky Bamboo and looks great!