** for new paypal users only
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Annatto, Bixa Orellana, Shendri, Sindur (Orange Color)
Interesting Fact: Pods of this plant contains many seeds covered with a thin waxy blood-red aril resembling Sindur hence, the common name .
Annatto is a wonder tree commonly called as lipstick tree. White or pink flowers occur in vertical upright clusters, which prominently appear above the foliage. When fully mature, the pod dries, hardens, and splits open, exposing the seeds. The color of the seed coating is due mainly to the carotenoid pigments bixin and norbixin. The heart-shaped fruit is brown or reddish brown at maturity and is covered with short, stiff hairs.
Planting and care
Growing plants can be inexpensive, particularly when growing them from seed. Seeds of plants flowers should usually be sown directly into the sunny flower bed, as developing roots do not like to be disturbed. It is grown easily and quickly in frost-free regions, from sub-tropical to tropical climates, and sheltered from cool winds. Seeds can sprout from 2-16 weeks after planting. Lipstick tree's usually bear fruit within 1-2 years from seed or planting.
Caring for Annatto
- Water a plant when the soil feels dry to touch. Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10am.
- You should remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and throw in the garbage collector.
- You should prune and fertilize a plant mostly in the spring season.
- When a plant grows beyond its limit and pot size not providing enough space for the spread of roots, re-pot with fresh soil and some fertilizer.
- While re-potting, try not to disturb the roots. Avoid any drastic change in the provided environment otherwise, the plants may get stress/shock.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Typical uses of Annatto
Special features: The seed coat is used as coloring agents.
Culinary use: Used in the preparations of coloring agents.
Ornamental use: The plant is used for an ornamental purpose.
Medicinal use: NA
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Love how cute the plant is..
Nice came in good condition
Can you ensure that your packaging will not spoil the plant.
when I opened the box I was amazed at how well this plant was packaged and how healthy they all were.
Fresh and beautiful, Must buy!
Any query about annatto, bixa orellana, shendri, sindur (orange color) - plant