** for new paypal users only
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Anethum Sowa
Anethum graveolens, commonly called dill, is an annual that is frequently grown in herb, vegetable and flower gardens not only for harvest of its aromatic leaves and seeds, but also for ornamental display of its attractive foliage and flowers.
Planting and care
Commonly grown in herb gardens, vegetable gardens or flower borders. Also may be grown in containers.
Caring for Anethum Sowa
- Dill is an annual that is best grown in rich, light, well-drained soils in full sun.
- Plants are more apt to fall over in part shade. Shelter plants from strong winds.
- Close-planting, stakes or cages may be used to provide support.
- Best growth occurs in cool summer climates. Plants appreciate consistent soil moisture.
- Soils should not be allowed to dry out. Plants tend to bolt when conditions remain dry.
- Sow seed directly in the ground just before the last spring frost date.
- Seedlings can be difficult to transplant, so seeds are usually not started indoors.
- Additional seeds may be planted every two weeks until early summer for purposes of extending the time when fresh leaves may be harvested.
Typical uses of Anethum Sowa
Special features: Common name of dill reportedly comes from the norse word dilla meaning to lull or soothe.
Culinary use: Dill leaves add subtle but distinctive flavor to a variety of dishes including fish, vegetables, soups, salads, sauces, breads, and herb butters.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Any query about anethum sowa - plant