With this purchase you will get:
Description for Pachira Five Buds
Pachira is a tropical wetland tree of the genus Pachira and is commercially sold under the name money tree and money plant.It has shiny green palmate leaves and smooth green bark. It is a durable plant and will adapt very well to different conditions. The pachira needs plenty of sunlight though it is important to avoid direct sunlight during the summer months as the leaves may get sunburned.
The plant is also known as Malabar chestnut or Saba nut. Money tree plants often have their slender trunks braided together and are a low maintenance option for artificially lit areas. Money tree plant care is easy and based upon just a few specific conditions.
Planting and care
Plants are often grown as bonsai specimens and house plants, being very tolerant of drought and shade.
Caring for Pachira Five Buds
- If your home is on the dry side, you can increase the humidity by placing the pot on a saucer filled with pebbles.
- Keep the saucer filled with water and the evaporation will enhance the humidity of the area.
- The plant should be repotted every two years in a clean peat mixture.
- Try not to move the plant around a lot.
- Money tree plants dislike being moved and respond by dropping their leaves.
- Also keep them away from drafty areas.
- Move your Pachira money tree outside in summer to an area with dappled light, but dont forget to move it back in before fall.
- The Pachira plant rarely needs to be pruned but as part of your annual money tree plant care, take off any damaged or dead plant material.
Typical uses of Pachira Five Buds
Special features: na
Ornamental use: The tree is also planted as a street tree, to provide shade and as an ornamental in gardens
Medicinal use: The skin of the immature green fruit is used in the treatment of hepatitis. The bark is used medicinally to treat stomach complaints and headaches. A cold water infusion of the crushed leaves is used to treat a burning sensation in the skin.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
This plant is exactly what I wanted.
This is one of my favorite plants.
Good quality they all grow nicely?