Description for Lilium LA Hybrid Calais (Light Yellow) Bulbs
These are great for forcing to bloom indoors. Flowers are mostly up-facing. Generally, it takes 90 to 100 days to bloom. Although these perennial bulbs are generally unscented, a light scent sometimes can be detected during a warm day with little or no wind.
Planting and care
It should be planted in Fall/Spring. A suitable soil proportion should be 2 parts sandy loam, 2 parts peat and 1 part sand. Garden planting depth should be 4 to 6 inches and for container planting, depth should be 2 to 4 inches. The spacing between 2 bulbs can be kept 6 to 8 inches. Lilies need to be kept moist during their growing cycle and one way of conserving water is by mulching.
Caring for Lilium LA Hybrid Calais
- Protect from hot sun and hot winds.
- It prefers a cooler, more sheltered position.
- Keep soil moist but do not allow wet feet, so the soil needs to be open and well drained.
- Lilies should be fertilised at least twice during their growing cycle.
- Remove old flower heads once flowers fade to promote bulb growth.
Spring or summer
Typical uses of Lilium LA Hybrid Calais
Special features: Flowers
Culinary use: NA
Ornamental use: It is an LA hybrid, so has both scent and a particularly long life as a cut flower. They are also perfect for container growing or landscape border plantings.
Medicinal use: NA
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Any query about lilium la hybrid calais (light yellow) bulbs