Minimum quantity to order : 10 pieces
Description for Day Lily (Mix Colors)
Daylilies are perennial plants. This clump produces strappy leaves. The flowers which typically last no more than 24 hours. A normal, single daylily flower has 6 tepals each with a midrib in either the same basic color or a different color.
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Perfect perennial, Daylily||Varies||Spring, Summer||Up to 4 feet||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
It adapts to many different soil and light conditions. Plant in the early spring or in the early fall. Add organic compost to the soil before planting. Space the bulbs 10 to 18 inches apart and 1 inch deep.
|Full Sun, tolerate part-shade||Sandy, clay, well-drained soil, organically rich||Medium||Up to 18 to 28 degrees C||Apply any organic fertilizer.|
Caring for Day Lily
- Avoid keeping in the scorching sun.
- After planting, water well for a few weeks until the roots are established.
- Apply a balanced fertilizer in the spring or flowering season.
- Remove dead and damaged plant parts.
- Reduce watering in the extreme winter. Wait until the soil feels dry to touch.
Typical uses of Day Lily
Special features: Attracts butterflies and hummingbirds.
Culinary use: The flower is edible and used in Chinese cuisine.
Ornamental use: The plant is used for an ornamental purpose.
Medicinal use: NA