Amazon Lily, Eucharis Lily - Bulbs
Description for Amazon Lily, Eucharis Lily
Eucharis is a perennial with a bulb 2 to 6 cm in diameter. The stalked leaves are 20 to 55 cm long and 10 to 20 cm broad. Flowers are large, sweet-scented.
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Amazon Lily, Eucharis Lily||White||Winter, Summer, More often in spring||Up to 2 feet||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
It likes shade and sheltered areas and makes an excellent potted plant. It can be planted in the garden. Plant them with their necks slightly above the soil surface. Plant in a normal potting compost and plant at 3 to 4 cm. Propagations by offsets can be done in the spring.
|Bright light, partial shade||Sandy loam soil, well-drained soil||Medium||15 to 30 degrees C||Use any organic fertilizer|
Caring for Amazon Lily
- Do not spray water on the open flowers.
- Water the newly potted bulb sparingly until new growth begins.
- Feed monthly in spring and summer with a high-phosphorous liquid fertilizer.
- Re-potting can be done in the summer.
- After flowering, reduce the rate of watering.
Spring (Flower & Bulb)
Typical uses of Amazon Lily
Special features: Flowers and the foliage
Culinary use: NA
Ornamental use: It can be used in a low maintenance patio & container plants.
Medicinal use: NA