Description for Korean Grass
Korean lawngrass, also known as Japanese lawngrass and typically grouped with other Zoysia species as zoysiagrass, is a warm season, sod-forming perennial grass used for lawns. Korean lawngrass has a low-growing, dense and dark green appearance, as well as low water and mowing requirements. A variety of zoysiagrass cultivars offer differing strengths, but all benefit from adequate site preparation and care practices.
Planting and care
Adequate site preparation is key to encouraging zoysiagrass establishment. All rocks, debris and undesirable vegetation must be cleared. If the soil drains poorly or has low fertility, an amendment should be worked several inches into the soil. Korean grass is planted using seeds, sprigs, plugs or sod.
Caring for Korean Grass
- It has maximum growth during the growing season when temperatures are between about 25 and 35 degrees Celsius.
- Regardless of planting location, experiences a wintertime dormancy, turning brown each fall.
- It grows best in full sunlight, though it may also succeed in areas of the yard with light shade.
- Thinning out branches that overhang the grass encourages healthy growth.
- Adequate site preparation is key to encouraging Korean Grass establishment.
- All rocks, debris and undesirable vegetation must be cleared. If the soil drains poorly or has low fertility, an amendment should be worked several inches into the soil.
- Korean grass is planted using seeds, sprigs, plugs or sod.
- It is the only Korean Grass species that can be established by seed, though the plants slow growth rate and susceptibility to nematodes make establishment by other means more attractive.
- Sprigs consist of a section of stem or rhizome that has at least two nodes; they are planted about 2 inches apart in rows spaced 6 inches apart.
- More space is allowed between plugs, which consist of small sections of sod.
- The soil must remain moist for establishment.
- If planted early in the season, a clear polyethylene tarp covering the sprigs, plugs or seeds will retain moisture and encourage growth.
Typical uses of Korean Grass
Ornamental use: Korean grass is planted for beautiful, durable grass lawns.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Good seeds and quality packing
Any query about korean grass - 0.5 kg seeds