** for new paypal users only
Description for Deenanath Grass
Widely available in this location, it is ideal for livestock feed and can be sustainably cultivated on small plots of land.
Thus desho is becoming increasingly utilized, along with various soil and water conservation techniques, as a local method of improving grazing land management and combating a growing productivity problem of the local region.
Planting and care
Land should be free of volunteer plants. The previous crop should not be the same variety or other varieties of the same crop.Break the seed dormancy by mechanical scarification in a defluffer followed by soaking in a mixture of GA3 (200 ppm) and KNO3 (0.25)percent (1: 1) for 16 hours. Pellet the seed with DAP at 60 g/kg and arappu leaf (Albizzia amara) powder at 500g/kg-1 of seed to enable easy handling of seed during sowing and also for better establishment.
Caring for Deenanath Grass
- It can be grown throughout the year under irrigated condition.
- Suitable for growing in the monsoon season under rainfed condition.
- Plough 2-3 times to obtain good tilth and form beds and channels.
- Irrigate once in ten days or depending on soil condition.
- Germination is higher for the seeds from the first and second formed tillers.
- Delayed harvesting resulted in shattering loss.The middle and proximal portions of the spike produce high quality seeds.
Typical uses of Deenanath Grass
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Good number of plants and currently flowering so waiting for the cherry tomatos!!
Any query about deenanath grass - 0.5 kg seeds