Description for Tomato S Yellow Pear
Botanical name: Solanum lycopersicum
Planting and care
Moisten the area and cover it with a sturdy plastic trap.
Plan on providing fertile, organically enriched soil with a pH between 6.2 and 6.8 for best flavour.
Blossom-end rot is due to calcium deficiency. Lime the tomato soil at the rate of 5 pounds per 100 square feet.
For Growth 70-75 F
Fertilizer formulas such as 5-10-10 are good.
Bone meal or ground rock phosphate are also good.
Caring for Tomato S Yellow Pear
- Water generously for the first few days.
- Water well throughout growing season, about 2 inches per week during the summer. Keep watering consistent!
- Mulch five weeks after transplanting to retain moisture.
- To help tomatoes through periods of drought, find some flat rocks and place one next to each plant. The rocks pull up water from under the ground and keep it from evaporating into the atmosphere.
- Fertilize two weeks prior to first picking and again two weeks after first picking.
- If using stakes, prune plants by pinching off suckers so that only a couple stems are growing per stake.
- Practice crop rotation from year to year to prevent diseases that may have over wintered.
Typical uses of Tomato S Yellow Pear
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
I planted the seeds in a vermincompost/soil mix outside in the shadow. Since it is very hot right now it is perfect for tomatos to grow. The seeds germinated a few days after planting them
Good but after two moths i will see the result
Very fast germination just on the third day from seeding. Happy with that but has to update the review later based on the yield. If it gives yield just as shown in the picture it will be excellent. Le
Sprouted super fast.....have to replant now. I had put too many seeds together. Mistake not to be made again. Great product. My first time in gardening
Any query about 1+1 tomato s yellow pear - seeds