Tomato Golden Currant - Seeds
Description for Tomato Golden Currant
The plants typically grows as an Annual/Perennial. The plants are very vigorous. Golden Currant produces numerous small, sweet, yellow fruits. Currant type tomatoes are quite sprawling and require either a lot of space or a very sturdy trellising system. They typically require around 75 days to reach maturity, and make a good choice for containers and hanging baskets.
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Golden Currant||Yellow||April to June||Up to 10 inches||Moderately difficult|
Planting and care
Sow indoors from the late February to April. Sow 1 to 2 cm deep. Plant outside in May, 1 plant per meter square. Plants like few supporting sticks around them. Keep 60 to 80 cm distance between transplanted plantlets.
|Full sun||Well-drained, fertile soil, high in organic matter||Moderate||18 to 26 degrees C||Use any organic fertilizer (rich in phosphorus and potassium).|
Caring for Tomato Golden Currant
- Water generously for the first few days.
- Water well throughout growing season, about 2 inches per week during the summer. Keep watering consistent.
- Mulch five weeks after transplanting to retain moisture.
- To help tomatoes through periods of drought, find some flat rocks and place one next to each plant. The rocks pull up water from under the ground and keep it from evaporating into the atmosphere.
- Fertilize two weeks prior to first picking and again two weeks after first picking.
- If using stakes, prune plants by pinching off suckers so that only a couple stems are growing per stake.
- Practice crop rotation from year to year to prevent diseases that may have over wintered.
Harvest is possible until the first frosts.
Typical uses of Tomato Golden Currant
Special features: Fruits
Culinary use: It is a part of food system.
Ornamental use: NA
Medicinal use: It contains high amount of anti-oxidants.
Want to write review ?Click here to Login
What garden lovers say ... ?
Really good quality vegetable Seeds. Packaging was very good. Will recommend to everyone.
In which it flowers?
Do yu have scented flpwer plants also?