** for new paypal users only
Description for Onion Improved Dark Red
Onions are a wonderful staple crop in our household, and we like to store some of our onion bulbs for 6-8 months over the winter. We eat a lot of them, and we usually plant over 200 onions each year. If you follow a few simple steps, you can harvest a large amount of high-quality onions from a small garden.
Onions are such a versatile vegetable â€“ they feature in so many recipes, so growing your own onions means youâ€™ll always have them to hand. They are easy to grow from baby onions called sets. Although seed is available, sets are the easiest and quickest way to grow onions. Sets are also are better in colder regions, and are less likely to be attacked by some pests and diseases.
Planting and care
Caring for Onion Improved Dark Red
- Fertilize every few weeks with nitrogen to get big bulbs. Cease fertilizing when the onions push the soil away and the bulbing process has started.
- Do not put the soil back around the onions; the bulb needs to emerge above the soil.
- Generally, onions do not need consistent watering if mulch is used. About one inch of water per week (including rain water) is sufficient. If you want sweeter onions, water more.
- Onions will look healthy even if they are bone dry, be sure to water during drought conditions.
- Make sure soil is well-drained. Mulch will help retain moisture and stifle weeds.
- Cut or pull any onions that send up flower stalks; this means that the onions have â€œboltedâ€ and are done.
Typical uses of Onion Improved Dark Red
Special features: Onions are a cold-season crop, easy to grow because of their hardiness.
Culinary use: In foods, onion is used in many recipes.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Seeds germinated fast, in 1 week. Thanks.
Good but after two moths i will see the result
vegetable Seeds germinated within a week of sowing and excellent success rate.
Can be grown in pot??
10 of them germinated. will give full star after veggie start to grow
Any query about 1+1 onion improved dark red - seeds