Description for Cauliflower F1 Hybrid
Packed with rich nutrients, cauliflower or cabbage flower is one of the commonly used flower-vegetable. The flower heads contain numerous health benefiting phtyo-nutrients such as indole-3-carbinol, sulforaphane etc., that help prevent prostate, ovarian and cervical cancers.
Botanically, it is a member of the cruciferous or brassicaceae family. It has got a similar nutritional and phyto-chemistry profile with broccoli and cabbage. Several cultivars exist other than common snow-white variety, including green, orange, purple, and romanesco heads.
You can eat cauliflower raw, steamed, stir-fried or cooked in casseroles.
Lifecycle: annual, Biennial grown as an annual.
Spread: 1.3 to 3 feet
Planting and care
Caring for Cauliflower F1 Hybrid
- Make sure that the plants have uninterrupted growth. Any interruption can cause the plants to develop a head prematurely or ruin the edible part completely.
- Cauliflower requires consistent soil moisture. They need 1 to 1.5 inches of water each week; with normal rainfall, this usually requires supplement watering.
- For best growth, side-dress the plants with a nitrogen fertilizer. Note that the cauliflower will start out as a loose head and it takes time for the head to form.
- Many varieties take at least 75 to 85 days from transplant. Be patient.
- When the curd (the white head) is about 2 to 3 inches in diameter, tie the outer leaves together over the head with a rubber band, tape, or twine. This is called blanching, and it protects the head from the sun and helps you get that pretty white colour.
- The plants are usually ready for harvest 7 to 12 days after blanching.
Typical uses of Cauliflower F1 Hybrid
Culinary use: The thick, oval leaves have a pronounced mid-rib and veins. The leaves and stem of cauliflower are both edible.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Good number of plants and currently flowering so waiting for the cherry tomatos!!
Came on time... and the plant seems to be growing really fast. Hope I get a vegetable soon.
it was good..given good yield
Good seeds and quality packing
Good growing still