1 packet contains Bottle Gourd- 3gm seeds.
Description for Bottle Gourd F1 Liya Round
The bottle gourd belongs to the cucumber family and originated in Africa, and is now available in most parts of the world. Also known as calabash, cucuzza, sorakaya, lauki, doodhi, and ghiya in various languages, this vegetable comes in different shapes, the most common being the bottle-shaped (hence the name) and round.
The sizes vary from six inches in length to more than six feet.
Planting and care
The bottle gourd is a vigorous, annual, running or climbing vine with large leaves and a lush appearance. It grows fast and may begin to flower only 2 months after seeding. The vine is branched and climbs by means of tendrils along the stem. The foliage is covered with soft hairs and has a foul musky odour when crushed.
The leaves of the bottle gourd are up to 15 inches wide, circular in overall shape, with smooth margins, a few broad lobes, or with undulate margins.
Caring for Bottle Gourd F1 Liya Round
- Weeding can be done by hoeing as and when necessary.
- Fruit rot during rainy season can be checked by training the plants over the bamboo stick or dried branches.
- Pests Mites: Spray dicofol 18.5 % SC @ 2.5 ml per litre of water. Aphid: Spray Imidachloprid @ 0.5 ml/lit along with sufficient quantity of stickers like Teepol, triton X100, apsa etc., for better adhesion and coverage.
- Beetles, fruit flies and caterpillars can be controlled by spraying Malathion 50 EC 1 ml/lit. or Dimethoate 30 EC 1 ml/lit. or Methyl demeton 25 EC 1 ml/lit.
- Do not use DDT,copper and sulphur dust as these are phytotoxic. Powdery mildew can be controlled by spraying Dinocap 1 ml/lit. or Carbendazim 0.5 g/lit or Tridemorph l ml/l.
- Downy mildew can be controlled by spraying Mancozeb or Chlorothalonil 2 g/lit. twice at 10 days interval.
Typical uses of Bottle Gourd F1 Liya Round
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Vey Nice Seeds but good in quantity.
I planted the seeds in a vermincompost/soil mix outside in the shadow. Since it is very hot right now it is perfect for tomatos to grow. The seeds germinated a few days after planting them
Is this vegetable seeds are hybrid or non hybrid ?
Extremely happy with the nurserylive service and the seed. Profusely flowering waiting for brinjal to grow. Very good germination of seeds.
Good growing still