115Buy 1+1 Free
(Inclusive of all taxes)* Shipping 79
* Free Shipping on orders above 399
* Non returnable
|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|* on all orders above Rs 399|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 799
|Rs 350 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 20 - Rs 200) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 499
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
Description for Carrot Mohan Chantenay Nantes
You can grow carrots all year round â€“ and they are so simple! Just sow carrot seed regularly for a year-round crop.
Carrots are an easy and rewarding crop to grow, great for encouraging children to eat their vegetables! With so many varieties of this popular vegetable available, carrots can be grown in beds, containers and even window boxes making them suitable for gardens of any size.
Carrots are a popular root vegetable that are easy to grow in sandy soil. They are resistant to most pests and diseases, and are a good late season crop that can tolerate frost.
Not all carrots are orange; varieties vary in colour like purple, black to white.
Planting and care
Orange carrots are the traditional standard, but you can try growing white, yellow, crimson, or even purple-skinned carrots, too.
More important than colour, though, is choosing the right root size and shape to suit your soil. Carrot size and shape varies by type, and there are five major categories. Ball-type, Chantenay, and Danvers carrots have blocky shapes that can handle heavy or shallow soil, while slender Nantes and Imperator carrots need deep, loose soil.
Caring for Carrot Mohan Chantenay Nantes
- Gently mulch to retain moisture, speed germination and block the sun from the roots.
- Soil should be well drained and loose to prevent forking and stunting of the root growth.
- Once plants are an inch tall, thin so they stand 3 inches apart. Snip them with scissors instead of pulling them out to prevent damage to the roots of remaining plants.
- Water at least one inch per week.
- Weed diligently.
- Fertilize 5-6 weeks after sowing.
- Carrots taste much better after a couple of frosts. Following the first hard frost in the fall, cover carrot rows with an 18-inch layer of shredded leaves to preserve them for harvesting later.
Carrots are mature at around 2 Â½ months and Â½ inch in diameter. You may harvest whenever desired maturity is reached.
You may leave mature carrots in the soil for storage if the ground will not freeze.
To store freshly harvested carrots, twist off the tops, scrub off the dirt under cold running water, let dry and seal in airtight plastic bags, and refrigerate. If you simply put fresh carrots in the refrigerator, they ll go limp in a few hours.
Carrots can be stored in tubs of moist sand for winter use.
Typical uses of Carrot Mohan Chantenay Nantes
Special features: Carrots are a popular root vegetable that are easy to grow in sandy soil. They are resistant to most pests and diseases, and are a good late season crop that can tolerate frost. Not all carrots are orange; varieties vary in color from purple to white.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Really good quality vegetable Seeds. Packaging was very good. Will recommend to everyone.
Good quality seeds, sprouted in couple of weeks
Seeds have sprouted - Guess rest depends on climate and how well i look after it.
Nicely packed. Have tried some of the seeds and they germinated quite well - would recommend to all
Good Product, need to have more Seeds.....