Description for Cascabela Thevetia, Bitti (Peach)
Winter hardy to USDA Zones 8-10. In St. Louis, grow in containers or tubs that are overwintered indoors or as year-round houseplants. Container plants may be grown as shrubs or trained as ornamental standards. Plants generally grow best when overwintering period is short.
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Cascabela Thevetia, Bitti (Peach),yellow oleander,Lucky Nut ,Peeli kaner ,, Utonglei , Kolkaphul||Yellow||Seasonal bloomer||4.00 to 8.00 feet||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
The first thing you should know if you want to grow an oleander plant in the garden is that you need to avoid growing oleanders in home landscapes where children and pets play. All parts of oleander shrubs are poisonous and the smoke from burning oleander debris is toxic.
Oleanders bloom from spring until the end of summer, producing large clusters of flowers in shades of yellow, white, pink or red at the tips of the stems. They grow and bloom best in full sun, but they will tolerate light shade
|Full Sun to Partial Shade||well-drained soil||Medium||35-50 c||Apply any organic fertilizer|
Caring for Cascabela Thevetia
- Examine the bush s growing location while it is still young enough to transplant well. Oleander bushes flower best in full sun exposure.
- They do tolerate partially shady conditions, but they grow leggy.
- They also need good-draining soil, so relocate the shrub if puddles form under it during rainstorms.
- Water the soil around the oleander bush deeply each week during the growing season whenever it does not rain.
- An oleander shrub needs 1 to 2 inches of water each week while it is actively growing. Let the soil dry out between waterings.
Typical uses of Cascabela Thevetia
Special features: Container plant for sunny decks, patios and other locations around the home. In Zones 8-10, these plants are used in a variety of landscape applications including hedges, screens, foundation plantings and borders.
Ornamental use: The plant is used for ornamental purpose
Medicinal use: Oleander is used for heart conditions, asthma, epilepsy, cancer, painful menstrual periods, leprosy, malaria, ringworm, indigestion, and venereal disease; and to cause abortions.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Does best in rich, well-draining soil.
excellent plant. needs quite a bit of care though.
Looking Good ....survived!!!!!!
Do we have to replant it when this will be get delivered to us at home?
A happy customer ?? But like could the rate be a bit reasonably else all good ... thanks