Minimum quantity to order : 5 pieces
Description for Iris (Yellow)
Irises are perennial plants, growing from creeping rhizomes or, in drier climates, from bulbs. They may be bearded or beardless. They have long, erect flowering stems which may be simple or branched, solid or hollow, and flattened or circular.
The bulbous species have cylindrical, basal leaves. The inflorescences are in the shape of a fan and contain one or more symmetrical six-lobed flowers.
Planting and care
They are best planted in September to December in warm sunny positions or in the autumn. Sowing season of Tulip in the autumn and early winter season. Before sowing, you can keep the bulb in the refrigerator in a ventilated mesh bag for 12 to 14 weeks. The highest chilling temperature is around 4 C.
Dig a hole about three times as deep as the height of the bulb. Set the bulb in the hole, then covers with soil and press firmly. Planting space of bulbs 4 to 6 inches apart. Water thoroughly after planting.
Use the potting mix for bulb plantation as
Caring for Iris
- Water a plant when the soil feels dry to touch. Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10am.
- You should remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and throw in the garbage collector.
- You should fertilize a plant mostly in the spring season, flower bud stage.
- Mulch the potting mix with organic material.
Typical uses of Iris
Special features: Flowers
Ornamental use: Iris is extensively grown as an ornamental plant in a home and botanical gardens.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Hom much height it can grow ?
is it possible to grow these in delhi nowdays at home in pots?
are this sesonal
will u deliver this to my address.
Which season i grow the plant
Any query about iris (yellow) - bulbs