Potted in 4 inch black polybag
Description for Ociumum Basilicum Sabja
Sticky Wild Basil is a subshrub, growing from a woody base. Branchlets are finely velvet-hairy, 4-angled, becoming round later.
Leaves are decussate, elliptic to nearly round, up to 2 x 1.5 cm, densely velvet-hairy below, base flat, margin rounded toothed, tip blunt; leaf-stalk to 1 cm. Flowers are borne in whorls of 6, on a 3-chotomous raceme at branch ends.
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Sweet basil tulsi||Yellow to reddish||Dry climate to bloom||8 to 18 feet||Easy, Moderately easy|
Planting and care
- To get a head start, start the seeds indoors 6 weeks before the last spring frost.
- Ensure your outdoor site gets 6 to 8 hours of full Sun daily; soil should be moist and well-drained.
|Full Sun||Well-drained soil||Keep soil moist throughout the growing season||25 to 30 degrees C||Use any organic fertilizer|
Caring for Ociumum Basilicum Sabja
- Make sure that the soil is moist. Basil plants like moisture.
- If you live in a hot area, use mulch around the basil plants (the mulch will help keep the soil moist).
- Make sure to pick the leaves regularly to encourage growth throughout the summer.
- After 6 weeks, pinch off the center shoot to prevent early flowering.
- If flowers do grow, just cut them off.
Typical uses of Ociumum Basilicum Sabja
Special features: After the seedlings have their first six leaves, prune to above the second set. Every time a branch has six to eight leaves, repeat pruning the branches back to their first set of leaves
Ornamental use: Can be used for ornamental purpose
Medicinal use: Unverified information Because of its medicinal virtues, Tulsi is used in Ayurvedic preparations for treating various ailments.
Note: The following information is general guidelines. Be sure to ask your healthcare provider for guidelines.
- http://www.almanac.com/plant/basil http://www.flowersofindia.net/risearch/search.php?query=Basil&stpos=0&stype=AND
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Thank you Nurserylive for such nice live plants collectionSonali Minz
This plant can be grown anywhere in the house in?indirect sunlight.Prathibha rudrappa
Very much happy with the product and service.Parvati Gujju
Gud quality n healthy plants sent. Excellent packing to ensure plant safetyArshad Khan
Rare new variety?Sanhita Yadav
Any query about ociumum basilicum sabja - plant