Syngonium Podophyllum Silver Pearl - Plant
Description for Syngonium Podophyllum Silver Pearl
As a young plant, its leaves start out heart-shaped, then gradually become arrowhead shaped as it matures. Its leaves have silvery white or cream variation, making this a decorative and popular houseplant. Although it may be grown outdoors in some regions, the arrowhead plant is typically grown as a house plant.
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Silver pearl, Nephthytis, Arrowhead plant, Arrowhead vine, Arrowhead philodendron, Goosefoot||Greenish white||Rarely flowers indoors||3 to 6 ft||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
It is easily grown is a house plant in warm, humidified areas. Prefers bright indirect light. Protect from direct sun. May be grown on a moss pole or in a hanging basket. Best grown in a soil-based potting mix.
Water regularly during the growing season, but reduce watering from fall to late winter. Likes high humidity, so consider sitting plant in a humidified room or place pot on a tray of wet pebbles.
|Bright, filtered light or Part shade.||Any good potting mix. Use a container with good drainage.||Keep the potting mix moist in summer, allowing the surface to dry out before watering again. Water lesser often in winter, letting the top half of the potting mix dry out.||Normal room temperatures. 16 to 28 degrees C||Feed every 2 weeks from spring through fall with a balanced houseplant fertilizer diluted to half the normal strength. In winter, feed monthly.|
Caring for Syngonium Podophyllum Silver Pearl
- Arrowhead plant care requires humid conditions, especially during dry winter months.
- Mist the plant daily or place its container on a tray filled with pebbles and water to increase humidity for optimal growth.
- Keep them away from direct sunlight, as this will cause the arrowhead plant to burn or bleach.
- The arrowhead plant root structure is quite extensive, spreading and growing to the point of becoming invasive in the wild.
- Even within a contained environment, because of arrowhead plant root structure, the plant should be reported every second spring.
Typical uses of Syngonium Podophyllum Silver Pearl
Special features: As a houseplant, it is typically grown for its attractive ornamental foliage which changes shape as the leaves mature.
Culinary use: NA
Ornamental use: Hanging plant, twining or climbing, groundcover, potted plant when young. Display arrowhead plant alongside a group of other foliage plants or add it to a dish garden. Small plants mix well with compact peace lilies and English ivy because they require similar care.
Medicinal use: NA
- http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/PlantFinder /PlantFinderDetails.aspx?kempercode=b621
Want to write review ?Click here to Login
What garden lovers say ... ?
?Is it real plant or artificial ???
"I can t wait to bulk purchase again.
Recived the good one after the hate feedback on delivery and packing. found it is very expensive no worth of Money as we spent.