Snake Plant, Sansevieria trifasciata, Sansevieria zeylanica - Plant
- NASA recommended air purifier plant.
- Best plant for AC rooms, office desk, etc.
- Zero maintenance plant.
- Best indoor plant for low light condition.
- Popular houseplant with wavy cross stripes.
What makes it special:
(Inclusive of all taxes)* Shipping 79
* Free Shipping on orders above 399
|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Flat 40% Cashback|
| * on all orders today |
* max cashback of Rs 350
|Rs 350 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 20 - Rs 200) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 499
|All India Delivery|
|10 Lakh Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Snake Plant, Sansevieria trifasciata, Sansevieria zeylanica
Interesting Fact: This plant is known as Snake Plant for its leaves resembling shape or Mother In Laws tongue for its sharp margins.
Sansevieria trifasciata is a species of foliage plants in the family Asparagaceae. Leaves are erect, fleshy, sharply-pointed, sword-shaped, deep green with light gray-green horizontal stripes. Leaves arise in a rosette from a thick rhizome. Small fragrant greenish-white flowers bloom on mature plants. Flowers and fruit rarely appear on indoor plants.
The Snake plant purifies the air by absorbing toxins through the leaves and producing pure oxygen. In fact, Sansevieria is an ideal houseplant.
Planting and care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:
Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
Caring for Snake Plant
- This snake plant survives in the outer as well as the indoor condition.
- Keep the plant in partial sunlight area.
- Also, keep the plant indoor condition where the bright light is available.
- Use nutrient rich, well drained, well aereted, and porous potting mix.
- Water a plant when the topsoil in pot (5 to 8 cm) feels dry to touch.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10 am.
- Apply fertilize a plant mostly in the spring and early monsoon season.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots to the plant can easily uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days then move the plant to its required light condition.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Refer our Garden Guide for detailed procedures and meanings of words related to gardening.
Application of Fertilizer:
For re-potting procedure click here
Typical uses of Snake Plant
Special features: Air purifier indoor plant
Ornamental use: They are excellent in a grouping and will grow equally well on the floor or on table-top displays.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Very nice plant. Got delivered with very good condition. Gonna order one more
Thanks Nurserylive. i could not get this product in my area without you!
Does best in rich, well-draining soil.
he plant was very nicely packed. Thanks for the plant surely will order more
This is easy to grow with low maintenance requirements