Philodendron Xanadu (Golden) - Plant
Description for Philodendron Xanadu (Golden)
Philodendron house plants thrive indoors year round without complaint, but they enjoy an occasional stay outdoors in a shady spot when the weather permits.
Taking the plant outdoors also gives you a chance to flush the soil with plenty of fresh water and clean the leaves. Unlike most house plants, philodendrons donâ€™t experience as much stress when moving from indoor to outdoor settings.
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Philodendron Xanadu (Golden),lacy tree philodendron, selloum,Split leaf Philodendron||-||-||1 to 2 feet.||Easy to grow .|
Planting and care
Philodendron care incorporates three basic needs: sunlight, water and fertilizer.
Use small 5 to 8 Inch pots. Use colourful pots to make the potted plant look attractive.
|They will tolerate low light, but if there is too little light, the new leaves will develop smaller, and farther apart on the stem. On the other hand, direct sunlight will burn the foliage, and stunt the growth of the plant.||A well drained soil with a bit of sand mixed in it. Add gravel at the bottom of the pot for good draining.||When growing philodendron plants, allow the top inch of soil to dry out between watering. The length of your index finger to the first knuckle is about an inch, so inserting your finger into the soil is a good way to check the moisture level.||25 C - 35 C||Feed philodendron house plants with a balanced liquid foliage house plant fertilizer that contains macro-nutrients. Water the plant with the fertilizer monthly in spring and summer and every six to eight weeks in fall and winter.|
Caring for Philodendron Xanadu
- Set the plant in a location with bright, indirect sunlight.
- Find a position near a window where the suns rays never actually touch the foliage.
- While its normal for older leaves to yellow, if this happens to several leaves at the same time, the plant may be getting too much light.
- When growing philodendron plants, allow the top inch of soil to dry out between waterings.
- The length of your index finger to the first knuckle is about an inch, so inserting your finger into the soil is a good way to check the moisture level.
- Feed philodendron houseplants with a balanced liquid foliage houseplant fertilizer that contains macro-nutrients.
- Water the plant with the fertilizer monthly in spring and summer and every six to eight weeks in fall and winter.
- Slow growth and small leaf size is the plantâ€™s way of telling you that it isnt getting enough fertilizer.
- Pale new leaves usually indicate that the plant isnt getting enough calcium and magnesium, which are essential micro-nutrients for philodendrons.
Typical uses of Philodendron Xanadu
Ornamental use: A quick growing attractive climber.
Beauty of the leaves are rewarding house plant.
Used as a ground cover also, but mostly as mos stick specimen as it can trained along them easily.
Want to write review ?Click here to Login
What garden lovers say ... ?
I have got a healthy plant with great packageing.Thanks to nurserylive to give me a great satisfaction.
is the pot and soil included?
I ve never ordered a plant online before. Will the plant not die doing delivery?