Christmas Tree - Plant
Norway Spruce, Picea Abies, Conifer, Christmas Tree, 20 - 30cm Plug plants. The Norway Spruce, Picea Abies is the UK s original Christmas Tree.
Common name: lex opaca Waysides Christmas Tree
Bloom time: May to June
Height: 15.00 to 25.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
When you plan on planting a Christmas tree, you need to make sure to purchase a live Christmas tree that has been sold with the root ball still intact. Typically, the root ball will come covered by a piece of burlap
Consider buying a smaller tree as well. A smaller tree will go through the transition from outdoors to indoors to outdoors again.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 35 F.
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Always check that the container has good drainage and some sort of saucer underneath to catch any excess water.
- It s best to check the soil every day to make sure it s not drying out; even small trees will have an awful lot of roots and if you knock the container off you ll see just how full of roots and how little soil there is in there.
Specimen or group. Foundation planting. Foliage provides excellent color for the winter landscape, and cuttings of the same are popular additions to Christmas wreaths and decorations.
- Leafless Mistletoe is used as a cure for fever.
- Paste is applied to cuts.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.
http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/trees/christmas-trees/plant-your-christmas-tree.htm http://www.housebeautiful.co.uk/garden/seasons/advice/a41/how-to-care-for-your-potted-christmas-tree/ http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/PlantFinder/PlantFinderDetails.aspx?taxonid=249143&isprofile=0&