** for new paypal users only
|Special Gift Today|
|upto 100% Cashback on all orders Today|
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Anthurium (White)
The anthurium plant has a bright pink, the tube-shaped flower that sits on the end of a long stalk. For this reason, the plant is often called the flamingo flower for its resemblance to the bird. With proper care, each flower spike can last four to six weeks, and you almost always have blooms to display.
The leaves are often clustered and are variable in shape. The inflorescence bears small flowers which are perfect, containing male and female structures. The flowers are contained in dense spirals on the spadix. The spadix is often elongated into a spike shape, but it can be globe-shaped or club-shaped. Beneath the spadix is the spathe, a type of bract.
Its leaves are usually simple, large, attractively coloured and borne on long stalks. The flowering stalk is slender, ending in a fleshy column crowded with many uni-sexual flowers. They have leafy bracts which may be white, yellow, red, pink, orange or green.
Planting and care
Caring for Anthurium
- Anthuriums need a high light but not direct sunlight.Remove dead and unsightly foliage and faded or brown flowers.
- Use a peat moss base.
- Do not over-water the anthuriums as it may cause root damage and yellowing of the leaves.
- Avoid droughts and strong temperature fluctuations.
- In winter, Anthurium plants need a 6 week rest period at a 15 degrees C with little water. This allows the plant to flower profusely again in the following season.
- Pinch off the dead flower, leaving the stem and any remaining flower buds intact.
- Dead flower removal prevents seed formation and encourages a new set of flowers on some aster varieties.
Spring, summer, fall, winter
Typical uses of Anthurium
Special features: The anthurium plant is grown as a houseplant in cooler areas.
Culinary use: NA
Ornamental use: The plant is used for an ornamental purpose.
Medicinal use: There are reports showing the use of anthurium in steam for the discomforts of arthritis and rheumatism. You cut up the leaves and boil it in a pot and have the person sit over it in a chair with a blanket. The person sweats and the medicinal properties enter the body through the open pores. Also indicates it to be useful as a poultice for muscle aches and cramps.
Note: USe only after consulting the specialist.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Appealing, elegant and easy to grow plant.
Plant received in good packing, but is not similar as shown in web site.
Wow nice plants and delivered in great condition..
Very small but looking cute
How often should i water it and does it come with soil or should i get my own soil?
Any query about anthurium (white) - plant